WHO says COVID-19 is a ‘once-in-a-century health crisis and its effects will be felt for decades to come’ as it warns pandemic will be ‘lengthy’
- World Health Organization’s emergency committee met in Geneva on Saturday
- Panel met six months after it declared COVID-19 a global health emergency
- WHO warned that pandemic would be ‘lengthy’ in duration
- WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said effects would be long-lasting
- At least 680,000 people worldwide have died during the pandemic
The World Health Organization on Saturday warned the coronavirus pandemic was likely to be ‘lengthy’ and that is effects would be felt far into the future after its emergency comm...